American Red Cross Courses: Safety and Leadership Training
American Red Cross Lifeguard Recertification Course Ages 16 & Up
Friday, May 17 3:30- 6 & Sunday, May 19 12-5 PM
This course is for anyone who has been previously certified through the American Red Cross for Lifeguard Training. You will be reviewing water rescue skills, CPR, First-Aid & AED Training. Anyone who has not been previously certified must take the full training course. For more information, contact Andrea Fisher
at (512)735-8216 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Meets in Pool and JCC Community Hall.
Fr & Su I 5/17 & 5/19 l $50 JCC Member/ $75 Non-member I AQ5495
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Course Ages 15 & Up
Lifeguard Training Spring 2013
Ever wanted to learn the skills to save a life? With our American Red Cross lifeguard certification courses you can do just that. Participants will learn lifeguarding skills, how to perform CPR on an adult, child and infant, how to use an AED, and necessary first-aid skills.
Upon successful completion of the course the participant will be certified in:
* American Red Cross Lifeguarding
* American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
* American Red Cross Basic First Aid
* Lifeguard Training Prerequisites:
-Must be at least age 15 for ARC certification
-Swim continuously the 300-yd lifeguard medley ARC certification
-Tread water for 2 minutes using legs only
-Feet-first surface dive to 9 feet and return to the surface of the pool
-Pick up a 10-pound brick off the bottom of the pool and swim 25 yards
-Swim underwater for a distance of 15 feet
To receive a lifeguard certification a candidate must:
* Attend 100% of all class sessions
* Arrive on time for all class sessions
* Participate 100% in all class sessions
* Pass written and skills test
* Demonstrate maturity, respect and responsibility regardless of passing written and skill test.
* Candidates unable to perform all the skills necessary to receive certification by the last day of the class will be granted a conditional certification. It is up to the student to schedule a retest with the instructor within 30 days.
For more information, contact Andrea Fisher at (512)735-8216 or email@example.com. Meets in Pool and JCC Community Hall.
Sunday, April 7-Thursday, April 11
Sunday 2-5 PM, Mon – Thurs 5-8 PM
$200 JCC member/$260 Non-memberregistration fee
Registration cutoff date: Monday April 1st
Su-Th I 4/7-11/13 l 5-8 PM l $260 I AQ5300