Join Our Staff:
The Shalom Austin staff is a dedicated team working to create an organization that nourishes the community culturally, educationally, socially, and recreationally.
Shalom Austin is a nonprofit, professional, service-oriented organization. In addition to extensive health, vision, and dental benefits we offer employees full JCC membership and employee discounts on classes, programs, and events.
Download an Employment Application.
The following are the current benefits for which employees are eligible:
Employees working 30–40 hours per week, on a 12-month basis:
• Health, dental and vision insurance
• Long-term disability insurance
• Life and AD&D insurance
• Cafeteria 125 tax-savings plan
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Employee assistance program
• Discounted Early Childhood Program (ECP) tuition for JCAA programs and events
• Generous paid time off for annual vacation, sick, and holidays
• Complimentary family membership to the Jewish Community Center
Employees working 20–29 hours per week, on a 12-month basis:
• Complimentary individual membership to the Jewish Community Center
All employees (regardless of hours worked) have the benefit of direct deposit.
All employees can join the University Federal Credit Union.
If you are interested in joining the team of Shalom Austin, please send your resume to email@example.com.
YAD Coordinator & Israel Desk Coordinator
The Jewish Federation of Greater Austin (JFGA) of the Jewish Community Association of Austin created the Young Adult Division (YAD) to engage Jewish young adults (ages 21-40) moving to and living in Austin. YAD hosts various networking events 3-4+ times a month, designed to allow Austin’s Jewish professionals in their 20s and 30s to meet and socialize in an enjoyable setting in various locations around Austin. Since its launch in 2002, more than 1680 people have joined. YAD is for singles, couples and young families. Events include happy hours, holiday celebrations, dinner parties, outdoor programs, hands on community service and other recreational activities. These events also serve as a low barrier entry way for those looking to get more involved in the Jewish community through leadership opportunities such as J-LEAD. YAD hosts one major philanthropic event each year called Milestone.The Jewish Federation of Greater Austin creates and strengthens meaningful connections between Austin and in Israel through Partnership2Gether activities, holiday events, speakers, cultural and educational opportunities throughout the year and for all ages.
Duties and Responsibilities YAD Coordinator
• Outreach to new members of YAD via email, by phone and/or in person. Advise them about Austin and ways to connect with the larger Jewish Community. Keep up to date with various opportunities where they may connect with other Jewish young adults in town.
• Send welcome email and flyer (keeping it up to date-Membership/Outreach & Engagement)
• Facebook welcome by you or admin; connecting through other people's friends
• Manage incoming and outgoing members in Raisers Edge and YAD spreadsheet.
• Oversee YAD Committee. Meet with YAD Committee every 1-2 months to plan for next couple of months. Continue to rotate people on and off YAD committee if desired.
• Help research and coordinate plans to host 3-4 events a month. Try to ensure there is a Jewish component at events when possible. Staff 80% of events.
• Handle all communications with the YAD Group. Post event information on Facebook and on Google Calendar. Promote other Jewish communal events as necessary.
• Plan and promote Milestone Fundraising event during Campaign season with Milestone Committee.
• Plan and promote 360 Club event(s) for donors. Working on making this a private reception either before Chanukah party and/or something at Milestone.
• Connect YAD Austin with Jewish Federation of North America’s National Young Leadership events like Tribefest, Summer Missions to Israel, etc. Connect with other national organizations as well (discuss plans for website). Recruit potential NYL Cabinet members.
• Help recruit interested individuals showing leadership potential for future Jlead programs.
• Become a Donor Relationship Manager for all YAD members. Help them understand where campaign dollars go when it is possible.
• Oversee YAD budget.
•Host important holiday gatherings such as Break the Fast, Chanukah party, Purim Party, Passover Seder and Shabbat Dinners of 8 throughout the year. Israel Desk Coordinator
• Serves as leadership support to positively and proactively manage the partnership relationship with the Western Galilee with a focus on increasing the Austin Jewish Community’s engagement with Israel
• Works with Vice Chair of Israel and Global Jewry to strategically create community connections to Israel
• Oversee an Israel Task Force to help implement strategic vision
• Facilitates policy, promotion and review of Israel scholarships
• Under CEO guidance, helps staff Israel advocacy related programming and community initiatives
• Assists and helps creates opportunities across the organization to connect with Israel especially through programming put on by other departmentsFor example Yom Ha’atzmaut, Yom HaZikaron, etc.
• Keep list of interested and eligible participants for Birthright. Promote registration opportunities when applicable. Lead Birthright Israel trip. Work with Birthright Board representative and conference calls.
• Strong leadership ability
• Experience in social media networking
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Experience in event planning
• Ability to react or respond to stressful situations with diplomacy, tact and nuanced approaches
• Passionate commitment to the Jewish community and people
• Some knowledge of the Greater Austin Community
• Ability to work flexible hours and weekend events
•In-depth knowledge of Jewish values, history, culture and ideals
Physical Requirements and Environment
• Consistent low level background noise from shared program space
• Occasional higher level background noise from shared program space
• Standing, walking and sitting over duration of shift
• Must be able to work at a desk or table for extended periods of time
• Ability to engage in computer use
Marketing & Jewish Community Relations Coordinator
Shalom Austin, a dynamic and growing nonprofit organization in Northwest Austin, is seeking a Marketing & Jewish Community Relations Coordinator. This new position offers a creative, supportive, community-focused environment, full-time salary, and benefits including membership to the Jewish Community Center.
The candidate should have a strong interest in marketing, communications, and community engagement, with a minimum 2 years of work experience. The position includes writing and editing, project and event coordination and implementation, support of social media and online content management, and public affairs initiatives. The candidate should be comfortable working both independently and in a team environment, frequently interacting with program managers, volunteers, community organization leadership, and other team members.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Marketing Coordination for JCC Sports & Fitness, Jewish Life & Learning, Youth & Teen programs, Summer Camps, School of Dance at the J, Austin Jewish Repertory Theater, and Spotlight on Arts & Ideas, Milestone, Tikkun Austin, and Outreach & Engagement
• Jewish Community Relations:-Initiate, develop and implement programs and projects consistent with the purposes and goals of the Jewish Community-Strategically and operationally manage opportunities for community involvement including, but not limited to Tikkun Austin community service initiative (Giving Circle, Mitzvah Day, volunteer service opportunities, community collection drives)-Manage and communicate with multiple committees of volunteer leaders -Maintains a strong network of relationships in the community including media, religious and civic leaders and elected officials
• Provides leadership and operational management for Holocaust Education & Commemorations, including Yom HaShoah commemorative events and coordinating speaker requests from area schools and other organizations
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong writing and copyediting skills. Use of correct spelling, punctuation and grammar is a must.
• Proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Familiarity with CMS programs such as Blackbaud/NetCommunity helpful but not required.
• Deadline-driven• Detail-oriented
• Ability to multi-task
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Shows initiative, creativity, and persistence * Demonstrates analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong listening skills
• Comfortable working independently, as well as contributing to a team-based environment
• Strong technical aptitude
• Familiarity with Austin's Jewish community ideal
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, public relations or related field
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
GERIATRIC SOCIAL WORKER
Jewish Family Service of Austin seeks MSW or MA for geriatric social work position, full-time or part-time. Position involves community outreach to area congregate living facilities, volunteer coordination, counseling services. Will consider BSW with significant experience in geriatrics. Requires knowledge of Austin resources, experience with older adults. Cultural competence skills in working with Jewish clients preferred. Competitive salary and benefits. Resumes to: email@example.com.
SUMMER CAMP COUNSELORS & STAFF CLICK HERE