Join Our Staff:
The JCAA staff is a dedicated team working to create an organization that nourishes the community culturally, educationally, socially, and recreationally.
The JCAA is a nonprofit, professional, service-oriented organization. In addition to extensive health, vision, and dental benefits we offer employees full JCAA membership and employee discounts on classes, programs, and events.
Download an Employment Application.
The following are the current benefits for which employees are eligible:
Employees working 30–40 hours per week, on a 12-month basis:
• Health, dental and vision insurance
• Long-term disability insurance
• Life and AD&D insurance
• Cafeteria 125 tax-savings plan
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Employee assistance program
• Discounted Early Childhood Program (ECP) tuition for JCAA programs and events
• Generous paid time off for annual vacation, sick, and holidays
• Complimentary family membership to the Jewish Community Center
Employees working 20–29 hours per week, on a 12-month basis:
• Complimentary individual membership to the Jewish Community Center
All employees (regardless of hours worked) have the benefit of direct deposit.
All employees can join the University Federal Credit Union.
If you are interested in joining the team of the JCAA, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GERIATRIC SOCIAL WORKER
Jewish Family Service of Austin seeks MSW or MA for geriatric social work position, full-time or part-time. Position involves community outreach to area congregate living facilities, volunteer coordination, counseling services. Will consider BSW with significant experience in geriatrics. Requires knowledge of Austin resources, experience with older adults. Cultural competence skills in working with Jewish clients preferred. Competitive salary and benefits. Resumes to: email@example.com.
Teen Coordinator (6th-12th) Reports to Director, Youth & Teen
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for creating, implementing and ensuring success of the 6th grade through 12 grade programming during the school year and summer camp including but not limited to BBYO, J-Serve, middle school after school program, and Leader In Training program. Maintains an understanding of all Youth and Teens programs.
Create, implement and manage 6th-12th grade programs.
• Increases attendance at 6th-12th grade programs
• Expands program offerings for 6th-8th and 9th-12th
• Supervises Middle School Head Counselor for "Hang Time" drop in program
• Supervises Middle School Head Counselor for Club Tiyul Saturday night programming
• Provides transitional programming for rising 6th graders and rising 9th graders
• Provides significant leadership and guidance with Austin J-Serve and Teen Task Force
• Implements and facilitates once collaborative community middle school event per semester
• Ensures compliance with state licensing requirements for any youth programming, as appropriate or requested
• Works in collaboration with Youth and Teen Director to ensure adequate staffing and programming at K-5 activities including Yom-Kef, vacation camps and special events as appropriate or requested
• Develops and maintains appropriate, professional, ongoing contact with program participants
• Proactively and professionally manages relationships with parents of participants BBYO and Maccabi
• Acts as BBYO City Director and SCC Director
• Helps with Jewish programming for Team Austin Maccabi delegation Camp Shalom
• Supervises Camp Tiyul travel camp for 6th-9th graders
• Supervises or provides Camp Shalom Leaders in Training (LIT) program for 10th graders
• Develops and maintains thorough understanding of department priorities, operations and special events
• Works closely with Youth and Teen Director for planning and implementation of Youth and Teen daily programming and special events
• Supports and participates in all department special events
• Participates in department events as needed (Yom Kef, Saturday Nights, etc)
• Supports appropriate staffing for other Youth programs, when needed
• Provides program transportation with organization vehicles when needed
Bachelor’s degree in education, child development, or related field. Minimum 1-2 years experience with children’s programming, after-school programming, summer camps or teaching ages K-12. Relevant experience as a supervisor preferred. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, ability to effectively address multiple tasks at the same time and ability to interact with people of diverse backgrounds required. Proficiency in MS office products required. Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently and as a team member.
ECP Assistant Teacher-Floating (Hourly, Non-exempt)
POSITION SUMMARY: Assistant Teachers are responsible for assisting lead classroom teachers to achieve effective implementation of lesson plans and maintain a positive learning environment conducive to the well-being of each child, in accordance with school philosophy and policy. In the absence of the Lead Teacher, the Assistant Teacher may assume the role of the Lead Teacher and is responsible for the supervision of the substitute teacher assigned to the classroom. Assistant Teachers who Float must be willing and able to work with children aged 8 weeks to 5 years.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:Teaching essential functions are extensive and address issues including safety, licensing requirements, curriculum implementation, communication with parents and children and classroom administration responsibilities. Please request a full job description from HR if needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: CDA, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or Child and Family development preferred. Experience in Early Childhood Education or working towards certification or degree in Early Childhood Education required. Based on licensing requirements, all candidates must be 18 years of age or greater. Demonstrated success implementing child development principles and applications. Strong, positive verbal communication skills. A willingness to work closely under the general supervision of the Lead Teacher. Ability to thrive in a flexible, fast paced work environment. Floating teachers must be able to be happy with potentially multiple room assignments during the course of one day. Reliable transportation to go between ECP Central and ECP Village as needed is required. Current position hours available are 9 AM to 6 PM. Please apply only if you are able to work the available hours.