Join Our Staff:
The Shalom Austin staff is a dedicated team working to create an organization that nourishes the community culturally, educationally, socially, and recreationally.
Shalom Austin is a nonprofit, professional, service-oriented organization. In addition to extensive health, vision, and dental benefits we offer employees full JCC membership and employee discounts on classes, programs, and events.
Download an Employment Application.
The following are the current benefits for which employees are eligible:
Employees working 30–40 hours per week, on a 12-month basis:
• Health, dental and vision insurance
• Long-term disability insurance
• Life and AD&D insurance
• Cafeteria 125 tax-savings plan
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Employee assistance program
• Discounted Early Childhood Program (ECP) tuition for Shalom Austin programs and events
• Generous paid time off for annual vacation, sick, and holidays
• Complimentary family membership to the Jewish Community Center
Employees working 20–29 hours per week, on a 12-month basis:
• Complimentary individual membership to the Jewish Community Center
All employees (regardless of hours worked) have the benefit of direct deposit.
All employees can join the University Federal Credit Union.
If you are interested in joining the team of Shalom Austin, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early Childhood Program (ECP)
Lead Twos/Toddler Educator
Reports to ECP Director
We are looking for adventurous, creative, responsible and mature educators(18+) who love working with children, to join our Early Childhood team. We foster a sensory-rich, hands-on learning environment based on a child-centered philosophy. If you thrive in a community environment, love getting on the floor with the children, and are willing to share your positive and energetic attitude with our families and entire member base, then this is the job for you!
Benefits include: health insurance, discounted childcare tuition, and a paid membership to our fitness center and pools. Experience and education in Early Childhood is preferable. Degrees in related fields are also considered.Pay is hourly and will be based upon your experience and education.
JCC Part Time Bus Driver
CDL REQUIRED! This position will be 12 – 20 hours per week, 3-5 days per week. Most hours will be between 9 AM – 5 PM and weekdays. Passengers will include school-age children and senior adults. Must be able to stand, squat, and lift up to 30 lbs. School/city/route bus driving experience preferred, but not required. Must have a clear driving record and CDL license. Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen, as per organizational hiring requirements. This position will start ASAP. Salary commensurate with experience.
Part-time Swim Instructor
Reports to: Youth Aquatics Manager
The Swim Instructor is responsible for teaching swim lessons to individual and groups of children. This position is responsible for the safety of children in and out of the water. This position requires patience, warmth, enthusiasm and effective communication skills with adults and children.
• Maintain required certifications
• Arrive 15 minutes prior to program start time
• Teach individual and group lessons with enthusiasm and warmth
• Effectively communicate with parents regarding their child’s progress following each lesson
• Provide exceptional customer service in all interactions with participants, parents and members
• Update Skill Progression cards daily
• Notify Youth Aquatics Manager when repairs or supplies are needed
• Assist Lifeguards & Camp Counselors in maintaining a safe environment for all patrons
• Proactively communicate with members regarding space designated for swim lessons
• Complete Incident Reports as needed
• Other duties as necessary or assigned
• Support Lifeguards and Summer Camp Counselors in providing a safe environment for all participants
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of 2 years-experience teaching swim lessons American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification American Red Cross CPR/FPR with AED Training Physical Requirements and Environment: Consistent ringing of phones in office environment.
-Constant low and medium level background noise
-Ability to move quickly, efficiently and accurately
-Ability to stand, sit, squat, kneel, over duration of shift
-Ability to walk and stand for extended periods (often greater than 1 hour)
-Ability to engage in regular and extended computer use
-Ability to move successfully around facility
-Ability to work at any hours the center is open between 5:30 AM-10 PM if needed
-Ability to work on weekends, if needed-Ability to carry 25-30 pounds
-Ability to transfer 25-30 pounds
-Ability to demonstrate appropriate use of fitness equipment
-Ability to lead personal training sessions and group exercise class sessions as a substitute
-Ability to engage in potentially rigorous, exercise-based cardiovascular activities.
SUMMER CAMP COUNSELORS & STAFF CLICK HERE