Join Our Staff:
The Shalom Austin staff is a dedicated team working to create an organization that nourishes the community culturally, educationally, socially, and recreationally.
Shalom Austin is a nonprofit, professional, service-oriented organization. In addition to extensive health, vision, and dental benefits we offer employees full JCC membership and employee discounts on classes, programs, and events.
Download an Employment Application.
The following are the current benefits for which employees are eligible:
Employees working 30–40 hours per week, on a 12-month basis:
• Health, dental and vision insurance
• Long-term disability insurance
• Life and AD&D insurance
• Cafeteria 125 tax-savings plan
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Employee assistance program
• Discounted Early Childhood Program (ECP) tuition for Shalom Austin programs and events
• Generous paid time off for annual vacation, sick, and holidays
• Complimentary family membership to the Jewish Community Center
Employees working 20–29 hours per week, on a 12-month basis:
• Complimentary individual membership to the Jewish Community Center
All employees (regardless of hours worked) have the benefit of direct deposit.
All employees can join the University Federal Credit Union.
If you are interested in joining the team of Shalom Austin, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUTH AQUATICS MANAGER (F/T)
Coordinate, facilitate, and supervise youth aquatics programming
• Develop and oversee the organization’s youth swim lesson program
• Be the first point of contact and ‘face’ of the organization’s youth swim lesson program
• Oversee the overall administration and coordination of the youth swim team and supervise coaches
• Collaborate with the Youth & Teen, Early Childhood, and Sports & Fitness Departments to create a safe swim schedule (lessons and free swim) for summer camps
• Hire, train, and supervise youth swim lesson instructors
• Hire, train, and supervise summer camp swim instructors
• Keep updated rosters for youth aquatics programs and ensure timely creation and distribution of program evaluations
• Proactively address the questions and concerns of program participants and their families.
• Manage youth aquatics programs to annual and monthly budget expectationsGeneral Responsibilities
• Provide highest level of customer service and professionalism at all times
• Collaborate with Shalom Austin Marketing Department to promote and maximize the messaging for all aquatics programs and events throughout the year
• Coordinate with the Member Services Department to promote JCC membership to pool users
• Manage payroll and other administrative duties as needed
• Serve as overall ambassador for the JCC
• Other duties or projects as needed or assigned
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
•CPR/AED/First Aid Certified
• American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
• Water Safety Instructor Certification
• 2+ years management experience in the Aquatics/Fitness industries
• Degree from 4-year college or university (preferred)
• Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs in short distances
•Ability to work extended hours outdoors in high and occasionally low temperatures
WORK SCHEDULE: This position is considered full-time (40 hrs/wk), although hours will fluctuate greatly between the high and low seasons for aquatics programming.
Work schedule is based on department needs; schedule and ‘flex’ time will be determined through communication with supervisor.
Send your resume to email@example.com.
GERIATRIC SOCIAL WORKER
Jewish Family Service of Austin seeks MSW or MA for geriatric social work position, full-time or part-time. Position involves community outreach to area congregate living facilities, volunteer coordination, counseling services. Will consider BSW with significant experience in geriatrics. Requires knowledge of Austin resources, experience with older adults. Cultural competence skills in working with Jewish clients preferred. Competitive salary and benefits. Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUMMER CAMP COUNSELORS & STAFF CLICK HERE