The Jewish Outlook
NOTE: Please login or create a shalomaustin.org account to register for this free publication.
The Jewish Outlook is the only Jewish newspaper in Austin, Texas, providing local, national and international news of interest to the Austin Jewish Community. The Jewish Outlook is published by the Jewish Federation of Greater Austin and reaches over 7,500 households and businesses throughout Austin and Central Texas. Over 5,000 copies are home and business delivered, primarily by Austin American-Statesman carriers, and the rest are placed on free newspaper racks in strategic locations throughout the Austin area, including the JCC, Congregation Beth Israel, Temple Beth Shalom, Texas Hillel, H-E-B (Far West, Westlake and Bee Cave & 71), Randalls (2222 and Westlake), Whole Foods (Downtown and William Cannon & Mopac, Gateway & The Domain), and Central Market (North and South), Walgreens near Sun City, as well as in every Jewish institution. In the past several years, the Jewish community has nearly doubled in size and our publication has also substantially increased in size due to advertisers recognizing its value.
Visit our website at www.thejewishoutlook.com. The online edition includes top local news and features and a news ticker from the Jewish Telegraphic Agency with breaking national and global news. The Jewish Outlook e-edition is an exact electronic replica of the newspaper in an interactive PDF format.
Space reservations for ad placement must be made directly with the advertising account executive by the 15th of the month preceding publication. All ad PDFs are due by the 18th of each month preceding publication. If the 15th or 18th should fall on the weekend, reservations or PDFs are required the Friday before. Special schedules may apply if these dates fall on Jewish or national holidays
Download Media Kit with ad specifications and special section deadlines. For more information about advertising in the newspaper and special supplements(including ad rates), contact Diane Dusek at (512)342-2550 or (512) 657-6656.Click on the e-edition link to the left to view interactive online PDFs of The Jewish Outlook and all supplements.
Editorial Submission Guidelines for The Jewish Outlook
• All submissions for the following month’s newspaper must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the 10th of the month. If the 10th should fall on the weekend, submissions are required the Friday before. Special schedules may apply if these dates fall on Jewish or national holidays. Submit stories, Mazel Tovs and photographs to email@example.com.
• All submissions for consideration as feature stories should follow the basic “inverted pyramid” format - consisting of a lead sentence that includes who, what, when, where, why and how. More information on the inverted pyramid style can be found here.
• Basic punctuation and grammar for all submissions should follow the AP Style handbook. Holidays and Hebrew words will be stylized by the editor (so don’t worry too much about it).
• Stories should be written in third-person narrative (he, she, it, they) and not first-person (we, I) or second-person (you).
• Organizational event dates and times should be submitted in full. Event dates submitted without all information included (who, what, when, where, (why and how are optional) will not be printed.
• Photos that accompany all submissions should arrive with an informative caption. Names included in the caption should be full, with correctly spelled names identifying the subjects left to right. If there is a photo credit needed, that information must also be submitted. Images should be provided in JPG or TIF format at a minimum of 200 dpi.